2021 Call for Poster Abstracts
Once again it is time to start thinking about the Poster Presentations for the LSHP Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held virtually May 13-15, 2021. We would like to challenge each of you to participate in the Virtual Poster Session which will take place during the Annual Meeting and participate in a 1-hour question & answer session with our poster presenters for CE credit. Poster Presentations are a means of communication of new ideas and services with your colleagues.
Please encourage students, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and staff to get involved! It is a great opportunity to gain presentation experience and network with members. I am sure your institution has just the right program to be presented as a poster. All poster session presenters must register for the Annual Meeting in order to present.
An Interactive Poster Session (ACPE Approved) will be featured. The goal is to encourage networking and enhance member involvement in our educational program. All posters are peer reviewed and approved by the Annual Meeting Committee.
Deadlines & Information:
- All topics and abstracts should be submitted on or before Friday, April 16, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for guidelines for submitting abstracts.
- Once you submit an abstract you will receive a confirmation email from LSHP that your abstract has been received for peer review. Absolutely no additional abstract submissions will be accepted after 5:00 pm on April 16th, 2021.
- An email will be sent by April 26th, 2021 containing abstract submission results. For those who receive an acceptance e-mail, you will receive details regarding how we will present posters this year. You will need to prepare the following by May 7, 2021:
- One 5 to 7-minute video recording of a power-point presentation of the presenter’s project (include objectives for learning)
- Abstract submission (already submitted)
- Traditional Poster in PDF format.
- 2 Assessment questions (submitted with abstract)
- Please send above items to LSHP Office by May 7, 2021.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email from the LSHP office, you have until Friday, April 20, 2021 to contact Jaynie Collier at the LSHP office by telephone or email.
Award & Prize Opportunities:
- Achievement awards as well as a cash award will be presented in the categories of clinical/pharmaceutical science research, administrative practice, quality improvement and/or innovation projects. In addition, we will present awards for student and residents. Awards will be presented to the practitioner according to abstracts and the poster presentation at the meeting. To encourage membership and member involvement ONLY LSHP members are eligible to receive cash awards (e.g. if the first author is not a member, the award goes to the next author that qualifies in order listed on the poster).
- Attendees will receive a form with assessment questions where they can keep track of what posters they have visited.
- Meeting participants will need to attend the 1-hour virtual CE session to receive CE.